Theoretical linguist specializing in semantics & pragmatics, with particular interest in discourse/information structure, affective content, social meaning, and the analysis of online language. My research interests also include computational linguistics, particularly teaching computers to understand the pragmatic and affective content of utterances.
I also know quite a lot about the genetics of domestic cat coat colors and patterns. Take that as you will.
Pro-tem moderator of Constructed Languages stack exchange.
Member for 1 year, 11 months
25 profile views
Last seen Oct 20 '19 at 11:34
- Constructed Languages♦ 2.9k 2.9k 11 gold badge77 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 1.1k 1.1k 33 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 271 271 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 230 230 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Area 51 201 201 11 bronze badge
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 32 The meaning of "half woman, half girl"
- 21 In what ways are well-known a priori conlangs inadvertently eurocentric?
- 18 From known languages, what are the expected features of a Generation Ship Language?
- 16 What are the defining traits of a Euro-centric conlang?
- 16 Is the alien writing in "Arrival" really a language? Can we form custom sentences?
- 16 What is the difference between tense and aspect?
- 16 Creating a macro that can selectively format capital letters
- View more network posts →