Theoretical linguist specializing in semantics & pragmatics, with particular interest in discourse/information structure, affective content, social meaning, and the analysis of online language. My research interests also include computational linguistics, particularly teaching computers to understand the pragmatic and affective content of utterances.
I also know quite a lot about the genetics of domestic cat coat colors and patterns. Take that as you will.
Pro-tem moderator of Constructed Languages stack exchange.
Member for 1 year, 10 months
25 profile views
Last seen Oct 20 at 11:34
Top network posts
- 32 The meaning of "half woman, half girl"
- 21 In what ways are well-known a priori conlangs inadvertently eurocentric?
- 18 From known languages, what are the expected features of a Generation Ship Language?
- 16 What are the defining traits of a Euro-centric conlang?
- 16 Is the alien writing in "Arrival" really a language? Can we form custom sentences?
- 16 What is the difference between tense and aspect?
- 15 What is R'lyehian based on?
- View more network posts →