Professional expertise in the medical field. Academic interest in languages (primarily classical & ancient), mythology, folklore, music, religion, geography, geology, music, anatomy, history, medicine, archontology, paleology, writing systems, etc., etc.
Pertinents: Geopoet since childhood - The World since 1985 (see here, here and here); also actively collaborated on Ill Bethisad between 1998 & 2012 or so. Have written a number of (published and unpublished) books about & from within The World; a number of religious texts (gospels, liturgies, logia); have composed several in-world poems and pieces of music; have written numerous short stories set in The World, many of which are mythological or folkloric in nature. I've also been a proponent of practical geopoesy, the practice of making artifacts of any kind as a way of expressing one's worldbuilding-oriented creative urges. To that end, have put together a rather nice collection of in-world artifacts ranging from tools to jewelry to books, musical instruments, money, clothing, etc.
Member for 3 years, 4 months
7 profile views
Last seen Jan 20 at 23:07
- Worldbuilding 32.1k 32.1k 77 gold badges6262 silver badges127127 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 6.8k 6.8k 33 gold badges2020 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- Constructed Languages 2.4k 2.4k 77 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Mythology & Folklore 456 456 22 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Music: Practice & Theory 261 261 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 176 What impact would a dragon the size of Asia have on the environment?
- 151 Is there any material which cannot be cut by a lightsaber?
- 121 Can coins be made out of concrete or cement?
- 102 For what reasons would an animal species NOT cross a *horizontal* land bridge?
- 65 Do the books ever say oliphaunts aren’t elephants?
- 54 A road system with no traffic rules - what sort of vehicle is best?
- 51 How could a planet have a sky without stars at night?
- View more network posts →